TMJ & headache Treatments IN SEARCY
Patients often tell me how TMJ treatments with us have meaningfully impacted them and their loved ones. The opportunity to help others be more present with their families, and to free them from pain that inhibits their ability to work and enjoy life touches the heart of everyone on the TFD team.
TMJ problems commonly create the following symptoms:
- Popping, clicking, or crackling jaw joint sounds
- Reduced ability to open your mouth fully
- Tired or sore cheek muscles
- Fatigue while chewing certain foods (gum, meat, etc)
- Poor sleep quality
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Headaches and Migraines
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Reduced ability to turn your head side to side
- Ringing Ears
Many people overlook the underlying cause of these symptoms, especially headaches, migraines, or shoulder pain, because they do not expect these conditions to be related to TMJ problems. Without knowing these symptoms are caused by TMJ dysfunction, they look to medication to give them relief. However, we don’t want you to have to live a life under the mental fog of pain relievers and muscle relaxers. We want to give your body the chance to heal so you can live a normal, healthy, and vibrant life with your family.
We use TruDenta technology and CT imaging to diagnose TMJ disorders, and we treat them without medication. Many dental offices utilize mouthpieces, commonly called bite guards or orthotics, to begin giving relief for TMJ disorder symptoms. However, through a series of TMJ therapy appointments that utilize cold laser, ultrasound, and microcurrent technology, our treatments are able to increase the effectiveness of your treatments and stimulate healing in the TMJ that will drastically reduce or eliminate the severity, frequency, and duration of your pain.
one of our own team members suffered from tmj.
TFD’s Team Leader Becca’s initial symptoms included crackling of her jaw joints, limited ability to open her mouth fully, muscle pain in her cheeks, neck, and the back of her head. Additionally, even though she has previously had braces, and her teeth are very straight, her bite was not balanced properly.
- Becca said, “For 3 years, I’ve had a headache every day, and prescription medicine only helps about half the time. I can’t give to my husband, children, or job the way I want. It takes everything I have to make it through the work day. I feel guilty, frustrated, and exhausted all the time.”
- We started Becca on our TruDenta therapy program and by her third time she could tell the difference in the way she was responding to the microcurrent therapy. She left saying, “I’m excited!”
- By her 4th TruDenta therapy session, she said her headaches had reduced to only 2 times per week and she was able to manage them with over the counter medication instead of prescription medication. Her words, “This is unreal!”
- By Becca’s 8th TruDenta therapy session, she reported her progress was holding and that she had only 9 headaches that month. She said, “I feel revived and hopeful. I’m thankful to be present again.”
- By her 12th and final TruDenta therapy session she said, “I’m not just going through the motions anymore. I actually enjoy being with my family and working at my job. I’m so thankful Dr. Cox implemented TruDenta into his practice and that I am able to get the treatment I needed to get my life back on track.”
If you are suffering with any of the symptoms listed above, you may be surprised to learn they are caused by a TMJ disorder. Please let us help you. It will change your life!